Friday, July 20, 2007

The British Open - II

Sergio Garcia needs to win the British Open...like the Yankees need another World Series and like the Cowboys need another Super Bowl. The way the media fawned over his 65 and anointed him gracious, poised, and mature after his post-round session with the media makes me shake my head. If I shot 65 at the British, I would graciously talk to the media. SG is still the cup-spitting, arrogant Ryder-cupping, US Open tee time-bitching, weather delay-griping baby he's always been (saying he wants to win for Seve reinforces the notion). Might was well just dedicate the win to Curtis Strange.

Is it tacky to wear khaki pants, brown shoes, and navy socks? I say yes, but would estimate 80% of men in DC do it with regularity.

2 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Enlighten me on the last part there. What is wrong with that? I do it almost everyday. Is it the shoes or the socks that piss you off?

Eric Z said...

It's the navy socks, you idiot. What would the navy socks match with?

I'm not sharing the Sergio venom. Comparing Sergio to the Yanks is like comparing the Browns to the Pats. I don't get it. But yes, he has rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. But gees, rrd....what's wrong with...

- Arrogant Ryder cupping?
- winning for Seve?

that's ok with me. The tee time bitching is classless, I agree.

Remember, no Euro has won a major since 1999. That's why there's a big deal here with Sergio. If he wins, he will be the YOUNGEST major winner active by a good 3 years. Think about that.

However, will I enjoy a Sergio collapse? Oh yes. Will it happen? I don't know...who will overtake him? I can't see Stricker doing it.