Thursday, September 20, 2007

Despise / Like

I've been meaning to write this post for a while. Below are companies that I absolutely despise, and a few that are great.

Despicable:
1A) Geico - Rates are exorbitantly high, they rely on outdated metrics, which result in charges which other insurance companies include gratis (additional drivers), and they screwed me in 2003 by doubling my insurance premium with no notice.
1B) USAirways - Miserable staff, many delays, lost luggage, keep employees (and in turn, passengers) in the dark. How can you have self-centered employees in a service industry? I have no idea how their stock continues to rise.
1C) Comcast - For $160/month, I get the NFL network taken away (now premium), and must pay $5 if I want to interact with an employee to pay a bill. Increasing profits by adding fees (not improving/adding services) is bad business. Leave customers in the dark when the system is out, and offer no discount. Attached at the hip of Comcast is Scientific American (who make the Comcast boxes), which is a terrible company, one which my client refuses to do business with.

Excellent:
1) Continental / Lufthansa - Timely, good food, knowledgeable service staffs.
2) Progressive - Cheaper rates than counterparts, friendly staff, prompt service
3) Pandora - Great time waster, has introduced me to a bunch of tunes in genres I like

No comments: