Saturday, December 08, 2007

College Basketball Notes

Congrats to Arizona for an OT win over Illinois (in Chicago). While other teams run their records to 13/14-0 over the likes of St. Mary's of the Deaf and Dumb, AZ has played:

Virginia (L)
@ Kansas (L)
Texas A&M (W)
@ Illinois (W)
with @ Memphis on 12/29

As impressive an OOC schedule as I can remember.

Forced myself to watch 1/2 of the first half of the Duke/Michigan game. As much as I abhor watching Duke basketball, I take (slight) pleasure in watching Greg Paulus's career following a Terrance Morris trajectory. Actually, the arc of his career will exceed TM, as he drew criticism for his awful play at the Army AA football game.

It kills me watching Patrick Patterson @ Kentucky. He was needed at Virginia. I expected us to piss away a 7 point halftime lead against Syracuse (Wed.) as we took 40(!) 3 point shots. We are at a disadvantage, as Soroye is still recovering from knee surgery, but I don't understand Leitao's reluctance to give major minutes to Mike Scott who, at 80%, is the most explosive frontcourt player we have.

No comments: