Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Few Rattlers

A few things bouncing around in my head.

I had a great time at the NCAA games at the Verizon Center (Purdue, X, Duke, WVU). Got our tickets (great seats) through a WVU connection (someone from Stafford having a WVU connection, who knew?). great to see WVU fans wearing overalls to the game. It was disappointing we saw no upsets, but wouldn't be surprised if WVU beats Xavier. I need another 48 hours of Huggy Bear jokes. Really impressed by Purdue basketball, with an extremely young team. With a taste of the tournament in 2008 I expect big things next year. Before I heard Drew Lavender was on a bad wheel, I was perplexed how a 5'8" guard couldn't shoot. Funny/sad episode between sessions, watching adults binge drink at Clyde's. Many were perturbed the Verizon Center wasn't serving, but can you imagine being able to drink for 12 straight hours? The place would have resembled Thriller.

Recent musical rota - old Whiskeytown, The Rentals, the new Crowes.

I have no idea why (Glenn) Doc Walker is nicknamed Doc. I must get to the bottom of this.

1 comment:

cityleaguehoops said...

Here's some great footage of Drew Lavender (Shooting very well) on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iZTJMEHS8A