Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Magazine Rankings 2009

I've never curtailed my interest in reading, which leads me to receive a multitude of magazines, covering many different subjects. My 2009 magazine ranking:

1. Dwell - The writing is intentionally sparse, but the pictures are the true content, and convey beautiful homes, offices, tree houses, etc. Very imaginative and inspiring.

2. GQ - Quality articles, great style advice. I enjoy it as much as I did at 18.

3. Sports Illustrated - My parents bought me my own subscription for a 30th birthday gift, and I couldn't be happier. Not the same magazine I used to snip for my wall murals at age 10, but still a cover to cover gem. SI may be the foundation for men aged 28-42.

4. Fast Company - Excellent reading, understated humor, diverse topic coverage.

5. Inc. - Good stories of small business success.

6. Golf - Excellent interviews, which are stymied by the excessive advertising.

7. Vanity Fair - Three excellent stories per issue, the rest is advertising.

8. Wired - I don't understand Wired.

No comments: