Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs, thank you


I'm thankful for Steve Jobs providing me with one of the best memories of my life, when I received an Apple IIC computer for Christmas in 1986.

A computer was the only gift I wanted, and I'll never forget rounding the corner to the living room on Christmas morning to huge wrapped boxes next to the Christmas tree.

There was a note on the wrapping paper stating, "This is from your parents, not Santa Claus".

I played Oregon Trail endlessly, and can still hear the rickety hum of the dot matrix printer (and the paper with the tearaway perforated edging).

After setting up our machine, my Dad was somewhat of a computer guru, he came into my school (Grafton Elementary) and set up class computer. I was so proud.

I thought I was keeping it over the years in the hopes it would become a collectors's item, but, in truth, I've kept it for sentimental value.

No comments: