Friday, August 25, 2006

Open Kimono - 2006 Draft

Last night was my Fantasy Football draft. I'm in a great league, 13 outstanding guys (and one dickhead who goes by RRD), we've been doing it for three years, no one has left the league, which this year meant:

- 11 of the 14 in actual attendance
- two made the trip from NYC
- seven had today (Friday) off, after the draft
- two took of yesterday to prepare (serious much?)

The great thing about a 14 person league is every team has at least one obvious weakness, and the point of a fantasy draft is to talk shit and ridicule, which goes on non-stop from the 7th round until the end, as every pick thereafter essentially sucks. Last night's good rips included:

"Alge Crumpler is the 3rd option in Atlanta's offense, behind Roddy White and the ground."
"Jerramy Stevens has been downgraded from doubtful to dead"
...general laughing at the team named 'Baby's Arm' in the middle of the 11th round, which I blame on alcohol after the fact.
...ripping ever person who chose a kicker earlier than the 15th round, drafted two TEs, or two DEFs.

I am screwed, as I really like how my team shaped up. I think my weakness is obvious, but I can't complain about the outcome. I avoided a number of miserable potentyial platoon situations (Texas, Denver RB) and good decent quality in the late rounds (White/Givens)

I'm Balls Deep

Have at it.

1 comment:

dzahn07 said...

I hate being in multiple leagues that range from 10-12 guys. In my 12 person draft, people were going like hotcakes and I took that into my 10 person league and drafted a couple guys way too early. Really like your team. Weakness is obviously your QB, but love everything else.