Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm Back Bitches

Spent an extended weekend and the beach, for some much needed R&R. A few thoughts...

I get a kick out of how my phone automatically populates words based on my initial letters. At what point did 'can' become canoli, or 'but' become butthole?

If I ever complain about DC traffic again, may I be flashed back to being in a Myrtle Beach supermarket behind three people trying to use the self check-out aisle.

Myrtle Beach is the only area where the only sodas not sold out in the vending machine are diet.

Left my gas guzzling SUV at home, and borrowed my sister's car for the @ 1000 mile trip. Toyota Corolla = nice ride. Filling the tank twice, for @ $23 each time, brought a smile to my face. Easily saved me over $100. The disparity between mileage/ tank size was very eye-opening.

UVA, what can I say? Dark times. LOTS of room on the bandwagon. Truthfully, many true fans saw this coming. No serviceable QB, poor RBs = @10 points of offense per game, which isn't cutting it (especially at home). I've never been a total Groh supporter (I like it to GW, at times have approved of his decisions, but would characterize as 'inept' from 30,000 feet) as he has not developed a QB, ever (Shaub was all Bill Musgrave).

I don't know why VA fans expect more than 7 wins a year, we have no precedent for success. But unlike 95% of UVA fans, I have no problem stomaching a 4/5 win season. We've got talent signed for next year, and have a young team, sometimes you must take it on the chin. If we continue to spiral down, and our commitments (verbal) go elsewhere, I'll lose my $hit.

No comments: