Thursday, September 07, 2006

Please Shoot Me

Yesterday played a round of golf (on a Wednesday) that took 6:10. The 2nd longest round of my life. The longest was 6:30, and the course had 19 holes. Add 1:30 of steady rain and couple the fact an unnamed playing partner drained a Shemp birdie from 30 feet on a par-3 (we pay out for 2s) we had to hang around for him to collect. I wanted to kick the ball out of the path of the hole when it was 8 foot away and apparent it was going in (I was putting for 4 from 15 feet).

Hit 13 greens, shot 78. Made nothing longer than three feet all day, and wasn't missing cross country putts for birdie. Missed 8 from inside 15 feet.

It was the most miserable golf round of my life.

It really is miserable how 18 holes in DC involves a whole day. Up at 6, on the road by 6:45, tee off at 8:30, finished at 2:30, reception 4:15, (tentatively) home 5:30. Full effing day.

On a different note, why does every bum in DC ask me for $0.85? Is that what bum studies/surveys have determined to be the acceptable amount for which to panhandle? Is that the amount that gives said bum the most amount of time to harass a person fishing for the change?

Am I the only one with faith in the US for the Ryder Cup? Nothing would make me happier than an 0-4 week for Sergio, he'd me more petulant than a Roddick post-match interview.

No comments: