Monday, October 02, 2006

Parental Control

Had a very enjoyable weekend, puctuated with Redskins and UVA wins (did Haley's comet orbit, too?).

Friday night we 'entertained' friends who were visiting. I've come to realize 'entertain' is the adult-version of 'get shitfaced'. It brings a wry smile to my face when I watch a show on HDTV and a couple lauds a large living room for being perfect for 'entertaining', meaning beerpong is soon to follow.

Got wrapped up in MTV's Parental Control. Show is highly addictive. I was audibly rooting for a whore to be booted by her boyfriend, to the tune of "if she sticks around, I'll have wasted the last half-hour of my life, and that poor mother!". Also heard date behavior described as "ho-ish activity", and saw fathers getting to act creepy and check out the goods for their sons.

2 comments:

Eric Z said...

Someone needs to sponsor a bowl at the end of the year between Duke and Temple. That would be a complete car wreck of a football game - one, of course, that I would watch.

I like parental control, but what is the dumping rate, like 10%? It does suck to invest my time into that only to see the girl go back to the loser boyfriend. (or vice versa, or boy going back to boyfriend, etc. etc. So many permutations.)

I think that if the dumping rate was more like 40-60%, that would add more suspense to the show.

RRD said...

I've seen three dumps and four non-dumps, so I've been lucky, but aren't the non-dumps so obvious? You can see it coming five minutes into the first date.