Thursday, December 11, 2008

Likes I Used to Hate

Growing up, there were so many things (mostly brought on by my parents) I couldn't stand, but I've come around to enjoy.

1.) The Christmas Music Station - 97.1 in DC. Listening to Christmas music in the car drove me crazy, and queued eye-rolling and slumping in my seat. Today I can't get enough of the station. I even have my favorites, anything off the Beach Boys Christmas Album is auditory delight.

2.) Diet Soda - Or cola, as it was at the time. Used to be unable to stomach it, now it is all I drink. I'll even pick up a 2-Liter of Diet Rite on occasion.

3.) Yogurt- I used to not be able to stand the texture, now it is an enjoyable breakfast or snack. Granted, yogurt has come leaps and bounds since the 80s (better flavor, more variety)but the Elmer's Glue viscosity still remains.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

1) Christmas music after, oh, Dec 10 is great - and I can listen to it all the time.

Some stations start to play Christmas music on Nov 20. I want to take a sledgehammer to their studios.

2) Diet Pepsi for me, but not Diet Coke. I can't drink Diet Coke at all.

3) You obviously never created "whipped" yogurt inthe 80s, when as a kid, you would furiously stir the Dannon container to mix the yogurt (and that puddle on the top) with the fruit on the bottom. The process took about 3 minutes.