Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Won't Get Fooled Again

I was in the unenviable position of spectator at the Redskins v. Giants game. It is barely worth wasting words at the atrocity of the home team. I've never seen a team more listless and resigned to losing. The new GM, Allen, needs to start from scratch in the non-cap year. I see few salvageable parts. While other tams have worse records, at least they have building blocks.

Detroit - Stafford & Johnson (if only for trade value)
Cleveland - Cribbs & Harrison (I thought his line from Sunday was typographically incorrect)
KC - Charles & Cassel

Washingotn has Orakpo and an aging (and overpaid) Haynesworth. Everyone else needs to go. Trade down in Round One of the draft to accumulate picks, and lunge for Ryan Mallet mid/late in Round Two. Spend the rest of the draft on OL. Avoid drafting skill position players (Sleepy Davis and Kelly/Thomas can me productive).

No comments: