Monday, December 14, 2009

Quick Redskins Note

With the good comes the (potentially) bad. After an all-around good performance and win in Oakland, in a (marginally) related development Jake Locker decided to stay at the University of Washington for his senior year. I'd be willing to lend him the $0.35 to call Sam Bradford and see if his attitude towards a 'full college career' changed after his limited and injury-prone season.

Unfortunately, the QB pool for the draft (a position the Redskins are presumably targeting) got a bit thinner, as Locker won't be available, and potential QBs may be drafted before the Redskins pick. I think Locker would have been successful in DC, he'd be my #1 option, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Bradford or Clausen. Truth be told, with JL opting for another 280 days of Seattle rain, I hope the 'Skins wait until R2 to draft Ryan Mallett / Tony Pike, who both have the opportunity to be successful.

2 comments:

Kleebs15 said...

I like me some Tony Pike...might be nice however to have someone blocking whomever's backside! But then again, with Vinny at the helm, I think we might need some help on our D-Line.

Eric Z said...

I don't know why, but (to me) Cluassen seems like a spoiled brat. I predict he will be a slightly more successful version of Ryan Leaf.