Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random Musings

Last night I pulled a Rip Van Winkle after work, sleeping from 6:40pm until my alarm this morning. I heard the Eagles lost 14-10 and McNabb had a few turnovers. Turns out that is exactly the recap I needed from the game.

Shocking that friends I have who work for FBR (Halliburton) are being rushed to NOLA after Hurrican Katrina, as they have already been awarded no-bid contracts for recovery services. Did Bush not learn his lesson in Iraq? Is Cheney Co. really this greedy? Luckily, I've learned even under-estimation of the Bush administration results in sleepless nights. At what point does GW finally go Costanza-esque and start doing the opposite of what he and his politicos are thinking?

I am worried about UVA going to Syracuse this weekend. Very young, untested team on the road that barely slipped by Western (who?) Michigan, in a game that saw Lundy exit early with a high-ankle sprain. This is either a game that UVA wins or loses by 20.

I turned off last weekend's Maryland game after Hollenbach put the Terps up 24-14, thinking they had the game in the bag.

As those who have met me know, I don't buy into the UVA superiority complex like some, unless it involves ribbing of alumni of other ACC schools, but I ask anyone who doesn't think UVA has a leg-up on aesthetics to check out the October 2005 Playmate.

1 comment:

dzahn07 said...

Should I check Horse Weekly or Playboy?