Monday, January 09, 2006

Random

Good weekend for the home teams, as the Redskins luckily survived in Tampa, and the Hoos won their first ACC contest under the tutelage of Dave Leitao. Sadly, I am not holding my breath for the same outcome next weekend. Back to reality.

Enjoyed watching the Army AA Bowl on Saturday, although it is sad I am as familiar with college football recruiting as I am. For all my knowledge, 0 players in the game were going to UVA. I cannot remember the last time it happened.

The day I have been dreading finally arrived, as Chevrolet released a new model for the Tahoe (presumably to boost sales), rendering my model outdated. The new body style is decent, but not to the extent I found the current model to be great, when it was issued. Hopefully it will grow on me, but it just appears to look like all the other SUVs (Explorer and Durango).

2 comments:

Monkeydrunk said...

the new Taho design is starting to creep dangerously close to a minivan type look. Comparisons to the ever-so-bland Expedition are more than appropriate.

Of course I drive a 2005 Z71 Tahoe as well and am quite partial to it.

RRD said...

The Commander screams, "I thought I paid for it in Confederate money", boxy, gas-guzzler, overpriced. Truthfully I haven't seen any on the roads, as people in DC are refusing to buy. They are offering a year's free gas as enticement, and low APR, and still no takers.

But it looks more spacious than the stoop at the Queen Bee.