Wednesday, April 05, 2006

2006 Masters Draft

On Monday night we held our 2006 Masters Draft. Being the two time defending champion afforded me no breaks, as I was left to pick 7th out of 8. My team is as follows:

Vijay Singh
Sergio Garcia
Mike Weir
Robert Allenby
Stewart Cink
Justin Leonard
Tim Herron
Mark O'Meara

Sadly, there is no one on my team I can root for, and I don't see any of my team members having the "out of the blue" potential that resulted in my wins the prior two years (DiMarco - pick 17 in 2005, KJ Choi - pick 39 in 2004, plumb-bobbing for eagle from 210 out on the 11th on Suday).

In picking my team, a lot of the guys who I was interested in, even as a reach, were taken ahead of my reach picks (David Howell - 17, Lucas Glover - 21), resulting in picks being more reactionary than finely crafted. My team doesn't even have a decent player-coach to rally the troops on Sunday for a spirited charge. Raymond Floyd would have been the perfect player-coach to motivate the guys.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

So? Who won? And - more importantly - did you beat Leland?