Tuesday, June 27, 2006

NBA Draft 2006

In case you missed it, as I almost did, the NBA draft is tomorrow. Boy I could care less about the NBA, and the draft pool gives me no reason for excitement.

- I could care less about the Europeans, they are all underdeveloped and soft.
- Potential lottery picks:
- Rudy Gay - proven loser
- Tyrus Thomas - Stromile Swift, anyone? If he was decent, wouldn't I have heard of him before the FF?
- Adam Morrison - Doesn't have NBA athleticism
- LAmarcus Aldridge - Not even the best player on an overrated team

This guy actually gets it right:http://nbadraft.net/prevenas068.asp

If I had choices, I'd go with Roy, a proven winner, who was amazing at the NCAA games in DC. Singlehandedly kept his team in the game against UConn and the refs.

I'd also (I loathe to say) pick Shelden Williams, who will be good for defense, 10pts, and 6 rebs from day 1.

Shannon Brown - Not a good fit for the Izzo system, will improve with increased offensive freedon, and once he finds a shot (Jason Richardson).

Guys I wouldn't draft in 1,000,000 years - Rondo, Boone, Farmar, Ager.

3 comments:

Eric Z said...

1) So, do you like the Cavs drafting Shannon Brown?

2) And how do you pronounce the Wizard's draft picks' names?

RRD said...

1.) I really like the Shannon Brown pick for CLE. Lebron running the point frees Brown to be able to drive to the basket and create in transition. Granted, Lebron could make Hot Plate Williams look like he runs a 4.3 in transition. People forget when they were both HS seniors, James was #1 in the country and Brown was #3. His game is sick, and translates better to the NBA than college. Say goodbye to Larry Hughes.

2.) Not 'Kwane'.

RRD said...

...or 'Kwame'.