Wednesday, February 28, 2007

GM "Quality"

At the beginning of January, I contacted Chevrolet about a replacement part I needed for my vehicle. My radio dials were chipping (@35K miles) looked terrible, and needed to be replaced. The part was ordered, and I was contacted to schedule a time to replace the part. I informed the dealership I wouldn't be able to schedule at the current time, and to follow up in a week, which they never did. I called today to schedule the appointment, and was disappointed to learn the part had been returned to the factory, as it had not been installed. In summation, to get the part installed, the following steps occured.

1.)Part ordered
2.)Part packaged in factory for shipping
3.)Part shipped
4.)Part returned
5.)Part restocked in factory
6.)Part reordered
7.)Part repackaged
8.)Part reshipped
9.)Part installed

A "process" that could have ended at four steps if a simple follow-up phone call was made! Combined with poor customer service and a part failing at 35K, whereas my last Chevy had no problems (to 80K) and you wonder why Toyota is kicking your ass?

No comments: