Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Why I like NASCAR

In response to EZ's qustion, a quick summary of why I like NASCAR:

Trying to explain my fondness for NASCAR is like trying to explain why I tried to reach a green in two with a 240 yard carry over water, or why I opted for my 11th beer of the night at 3AM, it just fits. My prioritized team allegiances are:

1.) UVA basketball
2.) UVA football
3.) Nationals
4.) Orioles
5.) Redskins
6.) Wizards

You could essentially lop the Wizards off the list, if they were to make a Finals run, I'd be more bandwagon than supporter.My top five teams haven't provided much to support over the last 5-7 years, so I intersperse support with events such as NASCAR or PGA, for which I have similar viewing habits. In each case, there are guys I like and guys I don't, typically avoiding guys who are blessed with huge sponsorship deals and act entitled (TW, Dale Jr.). It makes for good viewing and the NASCAR standings (albeit alticlimatic after Daytona) spark some interest in the outcome of the season.

If you've never been to a race, I suggest going, they are enjoyable.

No comments: