Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tiny Houses

In today's New York Times, and I am definitely interested. I can't put my finger on why this is an attractive idea. Maybe it is my disdain for all the overpriced stainless steel and housing excess, but something with the tiny houses seems pretty cool.

I've got friends who have lived in smaller places (older houses) that were tiny, and it seemed to be pretty cool. Opting to read, as opposed to television, is a nice break from standard living. If I were to purchase a weeHouse I wouldn't have a clue where I would place it. Out west? Is there a market for weeHouse timeshares?

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

God, I want to barf on that article. Can we be more pretentious?

Reading your post, rrd, intrigued me - are we spending too much money, wasting too much space on our residences? Hmmmm... are people doing more with less?

The answer is deciedely NO from that article.

Aren't all the people being interviewed building a "small" house for their SECOND house?

"Hey, Miranda, let's downsize in the Hamptons this year. We'll get a 700 foot ungalow - but that means that Esmeralda won't be able to join us and clean up after us!"

Hey NYT - get back to me when "liberal limosine" urban couples are doing this for their PRIMARY residence.