Thursday, November 01, 2007

Back in Action

I just realized I hadn't written in a while and had a number of good thoughts to post (sadly, I forgot most of them).

UVA-wise, it was disappointing to drop our last contest to NC State, and give them a W they can hang their season on. Losing to an underachieving, injury-plagued team is unforgivable, even at home. In the interest of TV, UVA got screwed, with their bye week not arriving until November 17 (week 12), no other ACC team has a bye later than week 10, and injuries and weariness have started to creep up on the two-deep.

I was disappointed to learn a top basketball target, Elliott (E-mail) Williams, from Memphis, had chosen Duke over Memphis, Tennessee, and us. While 95% of recruiting efforts end up making the final school choice predictable, his recruitment was the only example I can remember where he could have chosen any of the finalists and I would not have been surprised. Would have preferred UT or Memphis, if not UVA. "E-mail" checked in at 6-4, 175 (rail thin). Seems as though basketball recruits have typically gotten thinner. I don't know ow many 6-5/180, 6-10/210 guys are out there. Does no high school run a strength program?

No comments: