Monday, November 26, 2007

Trade Off

I (obviously) have no interest in the ACC Championship Game between 'ACC Extenders' BC and VT. I am still chagrined the ACC diluted a basketball conference for the sake of football.

There need to be changes to improve the conference. I understand the changes won't always be in the best short-run interests of the ACC, but they would be mutually beneficial over time.

1.) Trade NC State (possibly Clemson) for Vanderbilt.
- Vandy is serviceable as a football team (5-7 in 2007) and would be comparable to UVA/GT on the gridiron. They are an emerging basketball power and would be an academic improvement over either NCSU or Clemson. I'd hate to lose Clemson, one of the founding schools of the ACC, but when I see Clemson/Auburn matched for the Peach Bowl, it appears to be a Saturday evening SEC game, aka a 30 point game. I wouldn't sweat the loss of NCSU from the ACC. Their fans have an SEC mentality.

No comments: