Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Early Thanks

Thanksgiving is a great week. I figured I'd post a few sports-related bullets for which I am thankful.

1.) I'm back at the gym, considering I broke my big toe last Wednesday, and it still stares at me like a mini-Grimace in the shower, limited mobility is a good thing.

2.) College basketball is back! Hallelujah. I'm in the initial week - to - month giddiness where I can watch any game (Oklahoma State / LSU and UMD / Kansas yesterday). UVA beating Arizona on the road certainly exceeded expectations. Really like UVA's balance and depth (they start 2S, 1JR, 1FR, rotate the last spot, and have playable depth to 10 guys).

3.) Finally hooked up the HDMI on my new TV, wow.

4.) Sean Singletary in a UVA uniform.

5.) One more Chris Long home game in a UVA uniform, for a trip to Jacksonville.

6.) Kevin Ogletree, out for the year with an ACL, suiting up for the scout team to mimic Tyrod Taylor. Doing whatever it takes to help the team.

7.) The maturity of Jameel Sewell. I'm going to remember the 2007 UVA football team as one of my favorites, for a long time.

No comments: