Sunday, March 12, 2006

Back in Action

Just returned from an extended weekend in Hilton Head. The weather was gorgeous, I found out I enjoy renting bikes to tour an area, and I found out what good key lime pie actually tastes like (smooth start, flavor is released and you begin to chew, and easy finish). But I just wanted to drop a quote from Friday's UVA win over VT in the ACC tournament.

It was a slightly different story Thursday night, when freshman forward Lauris Mikalauskas had his first career double-double, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Sophomore forward Adrian Joseph, who made 3-pointers on his first two shots of the night, finished with 10.

"Mikalauskas either fouls out in the first five minutes or he gets seven offensive rebounds," Greenberg said. "Unfortunately for us, tonight he had seven offensive rebounds."

Read: "I am a perpetual whiner, and instead of giving credit to a UVA team that beat me three times this year, I'd rather call out their players. Why actually point the finger at my bad coaching."

As miserable as Greenberg is, I'd rather deal with his clown antics, as he is more concerned with the efforts of his opponents than improving his own team. I hear ECU will have an assistant coaching vacancy in 2008, keep you fingers crossed!


How is it the first nice weekend of the year in DC always coincides with the ACC Tournament. It brings back memories of playing hooky in high school to watch the Friday games.

No comments: