Thursday, March 23, 2006

You Make the Rockin' World Go Round

Based on my recent Avis rentals, I've got 18 free iTunes to augment my '80s collection. I've already purchased Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen & Hit Me with your Best Shot - Pat Benetar. I am soliciting suggestions for the other 18.

Eric, your talk of a golf penalty makes me want to take a more introspective review of our local summer golf matches, the RCI (Ruth's Chris Invitational), where the winners (best ball) pick a restaurant of their choosing for a nice dinner to celebrate the event. We've modified the format over the years (2006 = RCI III), and have implemented numerous stipulations, the latest being that all errant tee shots are OB, and require a re-tee, with the exception of areas clearly marked. We got burned last year when our opponents fired darts on a 460 yd. par-4 after "generous" drops by a lake off the fairway, and had makeable putts for par. The ball cleaning may be a bit extreme, but I've purchased the most recent rule book, and play to make use of it.

5 comments:

RRD said...

Like Paradise - David Lee Roth
Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford

16 to go...

Eric Z said...

The rules controversies are best left to people that know the rules of golf and won't mind being called on it.

We had a falling out in our group when someone (not me) picked up a stick in a hazard and tossed it aside. That incident led to people not speaking for a year.

Anyway, are you interested in happy 80s tunes, or more "Cure"-ish songs? Two suggestions (and if you like, I have more!)

"Tarzan Boy" - Baltimora (aka the Listerine song)
"I Beg Your Pardon" - Kon Kan

RRD said...

Appreciate the suggestions, I normally don't stray too far from the 1980's songs that lead to excessive drinking of keg beer and grinding.

What I've learned from our RCIs, and you can probably concur, is any competitive golf will lead to acrimony at some point, and the truly good competitions/matches can weather the storm.

Eric Z said...

Well, then, Whitesnake is a must, right?

RRD said...

Whitesnake still gets the girls wet (I hope my girlfriend doesn't read that).