Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wow

I don't think I will ever see a game as amazing as the George Mason upset of UConn. Having attended all the DC games, I feel fortunate and blessed. After UConn was given the game on Friday night against UW (Worst. Officiating. Ever.), which gave Calhoun a stump to complain about the fact higher seeds should be protected, and his team was at a disadvantage against GMU (outrageous), they thought they could walk to the Final Four, and were undone by bad coaching, and a coach that has no control over his players. My hatred of UConn will now fester for eterinty.

The crowd at the Verizon Center was amazing, fully partisan towards GMU. Tony Skin played at a frenetic pace, and GMU switched their defense with a regularity where UConn never got comfortable, and once they lost their shooting touch, were at a disadvantage to the inside presence of GWU. Amazing basketball.

Amazing.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

I envy you for being there. Wow - what a game. A classic for the ages. Incredibly thrilling and mesmerizing to watch....

And I think GMU has a good chance (30%?) to win 2 more games. It's BILLY FREAKING DONOVAN, for Christ's sake!