Saturday, March 04, 2006

Kudos...

...to Amazon for their Digital Locker. I preordered the new Drive By Truckers album, which isn't scheduled for release until 4/20, and it was added to my Digital Locker, which allows me to stream the entire album until it arrives. One of the more fantastic concepts I have recently encountered, along with the SlingBox.

I suggest you spend $14 on the album, A Blessing and A Curse. I can't say enough about the band. The new album isn't their best, but that's subjective, and it's still damn good. Either it will be a valuable purchase, or you'll have free reign to rip my poor taste in music. Win-win.

Big Hoos game tomorrow in Charlottesville, against UMD. For some reason, it has become the norm for UVA fans to chalk the game (the last scheduled game in UHall) as a no-brainer win, forgetting:

- We haven't beaten UMD in the last five contests.
- We've lost our last two games by a combined 187 points.

Obviously, I don't display the same level of confidence. Virginia has had a defensive breakdown recently, but I expect a re-energized crowd/effort, as getting to .500 in the ACC is a major accomplishment for Leitao in his first season manning the helm. 79-77 Hoos. Singletary goes for 27.

1 comment:

Other Brad said...

Kudos to you for calling a close game in the 70s. Unfortunately the MD Cardiac kids lost an 18 point lead to make me almost kill myself.

Tourney committee, please don't take six from the ACC.