Sunday, July 16, 2006

British Open

I must have been napping when the ESPYs became a big deal, or as big of a deal an event with no drama, started solely so people have something to yap about occurred. Thanks, I'll pass.

Looking forward to the British Open, easily my favorite tournament to watch. BBC feed beats any ABC announcer, hands down. I always enjoy watching Euro Tournaments on weekend mornings, the Scottish Open being no exception. LL is a great course.

Being the Open is contested at Hoylake, a track few professionals are familiar with, means anything can happen, which makes for good tournament golf. My picks will be forthcoming.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Just the sound of Peter Alliss's voice makes my heart skip a beat.

You know what happened the last time the British Open went to a "mystery" course? That was the debacle at Carnoustie in 1999, with Jean Van De Velde and Paul Lawrie. Hopefully, that type of theater can be reproduced this week.

And yes, I hate the ESPYs too.