Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fired Up

I confirmed and registered for my FY06 Fantasy Football league today (July 5)...and I was a week late, the 14th of 14 to sign up. It is a league I joined three years ago, invited by my neighbor in the apartment I lived at two moves ago. Besides talking bull and the live draft, my interaction with the rest of the guys is purely virtual. It is the best league ever, here's why:

- 14 of 14 guys return every year, given. Married/split/moved, doesn't matter.

- We are in the Rolls Royce Yahoo league, with all the bells and whistles.

- 14 teams in the league. No team has exceptional depth, and at least one position of weakness, which leads to late Sunday/early Monday scrambling to snag someone off the waiver wire or make a lopsided trade to shore up a glaring deficiency.

- 14 teams also mean stocking up on backup RBs, who become quality when someone goes down with injury....or in last years case, rotating 4 Cowboy running backs (Jones, Barber, Thomas, Herschel Walker).

- At least 5 teams with "Balls" in their team name (Balls Deep, Balls in Mouth...).

- Last year I missed the playoffs after being the 5th of 5 teams in a 5-5-1 tie (how does that happen)?

- No partial point BS. 98 yards on the ground = 9 points.

- Complete homerism draft strategy. I fully expect Jeff King to be picked, and I was complimented as a sage last year picking Alvin Pearman in the final round.

- I've been jotting random notes for the draft since May.

No comments: