Thursday, November 16, 2006

Flexeril and Skelactin

Last weekend was interesting. Saturday was a gorgeous 70' in DC (a rarity in November) and I was prepped for a round of golf. As I went to leave, I felt a slight twinge in my back, upon cognitive recognition, my back seized up as if a bayonette had plunged in my kidney. I fell into my bed and was unable to move; breathing was laborious. After nearly an hour I was able to roll over, while in extreme pain, and start to make sense of what was happening. In a forcible struggle I'd flutter an arm, then a leg, then the other arm, trying to regain my range of motion in iterations. After a few hours, I was able to make myself sit up, and some time later was staggering around the apartment.

Sunday was no better, I made it downstairs and lay prostrate on the floor, on a heating pad, in front of NFL games all afternoon. Monday was spent trying to make a Dr. appointment, finally able to be seen in the afternoon.

After lamenting to my Dr about the physical mugging I had been taking for the last two days, she attributed my pain to a severe muscle spasm, which are a 'regular occurence' as one ages. Damn. Now I've got to see if it reoccurs, which may require more serious meds than the F & S combo she prescribed. Weird how nothing of the sort had happened to be before, it was like a bolt of lightening, targeted right at my lower back.

Hopefully, the 4-iron to my back was a radom job, but damn if it didn't eff my weekend, and has left me struggling to work out the pain and teeter around my office/apartment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK but how did the F& S work for you? Help any?