Friday, November 10, 2006

Poison v. Motley Crue

My formative middle school years consisted of an intermal battle waged over who was the best band of the era, Poison or Motley Crue. I used to pour over Circus magazine, and was distraught when the pullout poster was Poison on one side, and the Crue on the other. I religiously flipped the poster every week, lest I give preference to one over the other.

Since then, I've probably been to more Poison shows by a ratio of 5:1, but if I had to choose one band over the other, all extracurricular aside (movies, debaucheration, etc.) the choice is obvious.

How can you side with a band who has a song named 'Cry Tough'?

I actually like the song, but what a miserable title. It could have been called 'The Streets', 'Cry Out', or 'Smoking Roadies after the Show'...anything but the chosen title. What a lame title. Makes me think they didn't write their own music (then who the hell came up with Unskinny Bob...another story for another time).

I can't take Poison seriously, and MC scared people. Advantage Crue.

No comments: