Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Few Nuggets

Read where Miller and Coors are merging distribution to combat Bud/AB. Made me ponder what I would drink if Miller Lite were to go extinct? Amstel? Molson Ice?

To reference posts from a bygone era, Tom Friedman brings (slight) attention to Social Security reform . I am not the biggest TF fan (the Mike Golic of "travelism"), but agree politicians must address SS reform. By the way, have you seen the leak from his latest soon-to-be published book, called 'Technology left me at +2.'?

"I was golfing at the Qatar Country Club, early 2007. The 2nd hole is a picturesque four-par, with a peninsula green outlined by black crude. As my seven-iron sailed the green, and I prepared to drop four, the depleted lake of oil left my ball playable! As I descended into dried lake, took a stance, and prepared to attempt a flop, a 320 story uber-building was erected between my ball and the hole. I pitched out sideways and made 6."

No comments: