Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hope for Regulation

If Washington D.C. mayor Adrian Fenty regulated meters in DC cabs he would cement himself as my favorite politician. Ever.

Reading the article made me scoff. It it wonderful that DC cabdrivers are studying to be lawyers, doctors, teachersetc., but it doesn't address how they are trying to pay for their schooling on my fare from DC to Alexandria.

I've been repeatedly ripped off or attempted to be ripped off by DC cabs. yeah, I'm the guy on M Street at 12:30AM yelling at cabs trying to charge me $40 to go two miles, or who refuse to estimate my fare.

DC cabs are price-gouging vultures, their hand is tipped by saying, "I ask, what is the purpose of changing the system, which is working really very well?"...yeah, very well for the drivers, not the passengers getting their money stolen, or being taken through multiple zones by greedy cabdrivers.

Please regulate these f*ckers. There is a reason why every other major city has a metered system, to avoid gouging.

No comments: