Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Turnaround Jumpshot

I like Wilco. After 'not getting it' for years, I've listened to a few of their live shows and they've got some great stuff that flows together very well. They are apt to letting their songs dissolve into a musical Brillo pad, but it is a small price to pay for some good tunes, mixed with some experimentation. I guess I was missing the mark by only listening to their live albums.

Who cares? I do. Should you care? Probably not.

Took in a great Gov't Mule show on Friday night, they played at 930 for 3 1/2 hours.

10.12.07 9:30 Club - Washington, DC
Set 1:
Brighter Days
Thorazine Shuffle
Banks Of The Deep End
I Believe To My Soul
A Million Miles From Yesterday
I'm A Ram->
Love Me Do->
I'm A Ram
Feel LIke Breaking Up Somebody's Home
Devil Likes It SLow with Ron Holloway
Find The Cost Of Freedom with Grace Potter
Ohio with Grace Potter and Scott Tournet

Set 2:
Play With Fire
Sco-Mule with Ron Holloway
Jealous Kind with Ron Holloway
Like Flies
Drums
Catfish Blues
Mr. High & Mighty
32/20 Blues I'm A Loser Tease

Encore:
Indifference->
Fallen Down->
The Other One Jamwith Ron Holloway

No comments: