Monday, February 06, 2006

Finally

Some of my fondest childhood memories revolve around the trips to Washington PA to visit my grandparents. Slicing the snow and mountains on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I knew the harrowing trip would ultimately result in a night spent under quilted blankets lauding Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, the Steelers. I knew Myron Cope before Sonny, Sam, and Frank, and while my allegiance will always be with Washington, I take great pride and satisfaction in the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl victory. The victory has put me in a celebratory and reminiscent mood, as it brings back so many memories, and I've really enjoyed discussing the Steelers season progress with my Father. It's been great times. 'Skins in 2007!

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

I'm sorry, rrd, nothing personal, but...

I think I speak for most Browns fans when I say "go to hell" to you Steeler fans.