Monday, February 27, 2006

Three Strikes

1.) I always enjoy watching the _________ Match Play Championship at La Costa. Really enjoy viewing the course, and the golf, although I doubt a competitor will have a weekend as hot as Toms in 2005. Regardless, Geoff Ogilvy is a class act with a fantastic swing who will enjoy many future successes on the Tour.

2.) I was disgusted by the bag kicking, club throwing, consolation-match complaining Tom Lehman. How can you complain about being 'forced' to play a consolation match, when TV pays your salary and there are Ryder Cup points involved? What a terrible choice as Ryder Cup captain, but sadly no worse than can be said for Hal Sutton and Curtis Strange. There has been no bigger PGA Tour prick than Curtis Strange over the past 25 years, and it is disappointing he was chosen over such class acts as Larry Nelson. Much as it was difficult to watch the US Olympians, I won't be overly perturbed watching the Europeans chuckle their way to victory.

3.) It is embarassing I am getting geared up for the NFL Draft two months in advance. I am enjoying the publicity around D'Briickashaw Fereguson, who will be a great representative for the U. Also, have you seen Vernon Davis' measurables? He ran a 4.38 and has a 42" vert. Sick!

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

I didn't catch much of Lehman's actions - were they all that bad? I kind of like that choice for captain; he'll actually give it some thought, unlike Mr. "Give em Hell (and not much else)" Sutton.

As a Browns fan, I LOOOOOOVE da Brick and would buy a Ferguson jersey in a heartbeat; however, the fans are resigned to knowing that there is no way in hell he will be available at #12.