Friday, February 24, 2006

Out of Touch

Last night I went out for a few drinks to a bar/lounge in Arlington, Tallula. First time I had ever been, and my party settled in one of the back rooms. The room consisted of a few tables/bar stools, levels of shelves with candles for sitting around the edges, but in the center of the room had two of the most worthless pieces of furniture I have ever seen. They were two low chaise lounges that were barely one foot off the ground, and four feet wide. Essentially, to use the chairs, you would either have to sit/squat like you were Aboriginal, or look like a complete moron and lay down, in the middle of the bar. I was half expecting to see someone passed out, face down, with a wine bottle out their ass.

All night long, people refused to sit on the space wasters, and I saw three of my friends catch a corner and almost fall on their face. It was easy to detract my attention from the Wisconsin/Northwestern game on TV (O/U was 87 points, I believe).

No comments: