Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Californication

Days like today in DC, when it is balls hot, for some reason remind me of the summer of 1999, prior to my last year in college, when I stayed in Charlottesville for the summer. The majority of my friends also decided it would be a good summer of a few classes and a good hangout, which resulted in a powder keg of fun & debauchery.

I took one class each session, it was a 1230, and often had to have a friend crawl through the sliding door on our deck to wake me up, on his lunch break. I wore my saddle FJs 80% of the time in class, to be picked up @ 145 and head straight for Birdwood. Dinner was wagered for The Italian Villa or Taco Bell, followed by a shower (first of the day) @ 9 and a night out at Coupes. If we deviated from the standard plan and threw in a little off-speed, it would consist of a few Mad Dogs, corn whiskey, or a few games of gin before heading out. the RHCP seemed to be ever-present, and the summer dissolved when a good buddy who had graduated left mysteriously to start work in DC. We were perplexed.

Man, it was good times.

No comments: