Saturday, June 02, 2007

Quick Thoughts - 2 June 2007

1.) If Lowes ever wants to compete with Home Depot in the category of ease-of-use, they need to revamp their entire website. Try searching for outdoor chairs on each site.

2.) At 23-32, I am pretty proud of what the Washington Nationals are patching together this season. Beset by injuries and an Expos-esque lineup, the team comes to play every night. I'm far from sold on Manny Acta, but am impressed with the club, and excited for the new stadium next year (I won't comment of the corresponding traffic).

3.) Today is my one month anniversary of ACL surgery. Improvement has been steady, as I now get around with one crutch (or none, for short distances), can straighten fairly well and bend over 90'. What makes me grit my teeth is the girl at my PT sessions (no older than 16) who had surgery a week before me and is running circles around my progress. What gives?

4.) I am itching to play golf. Heck, I am itching to putt and hit half wedges. At this point I'd be pleased to watch groups tee off, propped up in a golf cart.

5.) Props to James Driscoll for finding his game. Impressive T2 at last week's Melwood Invitational, and in the hunt heading into the weekend on the Nationwide Tour.

6.) There isn't much you can say about a great article. The NY Times piece on Kerry Wood is great.

No comments: