Monday, June 25, 2007

NOLA

Had a fantastic time over the past weekend in NOLA for a wedding. Was able to catch up with a number of friends I had not seen in a while, and was able to do the touristy stuff I usually skip to play golf.

I spent a decent amount of time at Harrah's, which I would rate a C+. Dealers are friendlier than you find in AC (not a glowing endorsment), but are extremely sloppy/inexperienced. Cases in point:

1.) Dealers are easily rattled. Probably the friendliest dealer I had all weekend tried to pull my A-9 versus her Q-Q, and didn't pull my 6-7 versus 17 on the next hand. Additionally, I had to stop another dealer from pulling a blackjack from another person at the table.

2.) Very inconsistent dealer behavior. Many of the dealers rolled with the humor at the tables, but had one real clown insist on no cursing. WTF? I must have missed the church pews when I grabbed the Jack Daniels on the rocks and had someone blowing Kool smoke in my face.

3.) Overly friendly. The 'I'm really pulling for you' wince when I pull a face on 12, with an added, 'just one too high' doesn't make you my friend, especially after you pull the routine every time it happens.

But, as stated, great overall weekend. Second trip to NOLA in the last three months, both were fantastic.

No comments: