Sunday, June 10, 2007

The French Open

Being a fan of sports, took the time to watch most of the French Open final, and Nadal smoke Federer. I am guessing Nadal no longer returns Sergio Garcia's phone calls. RN doesn't help his street cred by having Pau Gasol in his entourage. SG now officially has no Spanish following. I think Spain would accept a citzenship trade offer of Barry Bonds, with Carl Everett thrown in.

Had a great weekend being in the wedding of one of my best friends in DC. Going to be a long Sunday of recovery, but between tennis, golf, basketball, I should be able to keep myself placated.

Need to devote some attention to preparing for the US Open. Oakmont is my favorite course in the US, it is unfortunate I won't be able to attend. Will post my favorites either tonight or tomorrow. Is it time for another breakthrough (Adam Scott)? For some reason the name Sean O'Hair is sticking in my head. '94 at Oakmont was the first major where I picked the winner. I remember playing golf during the weekend mornings just outside of Pittsburgh, where my family is from, and watching the golf in the afternoon. US Open week in 1994 was scortching. Hard to believe it was 13 years ago.

No comments: