Thursday, August 11, 2005

About $0.40

Today I had a Comcast appointment scheduled for 11am - 4pm. The technician didn't arrive until 5:30. The fact that I took off a half day of work that was wasted drew compensation of a $20 credit for the five hours. Apparently Comcast has equated my time to be worth $4/hour.

Despite my irate state, I cut the technician slack, as he was just pathetic, and it was somewhat amusing in a demeaning way to watch him slide on the hardwood floors in my apartment in the workboot booties they are required to wear to prevent scuffing.

As irked as I was, it is frustrating there is no reasonable alternative to Comcast. If there are, suggestions would be appreciated.

At least a day watching network channels on my gerryrigged pre-Comcast tv was better than the 36 yesterday at Worthington Manor. It is a minor miracle my putter is still intact. I was beating the hell out of that thing.

1 comment:

skeetskeet11 said...

Grin and bear it. DirecTV is verboten in the 'hood. It's Comcast or rabbit ears.