Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'll bet your Socks don't match, Either

Miserable, dreary day in DC. Anyone familiar with the area will recognize the rain particles, that blow sideways like lint, rather than droplets. During inclement weather it astounds me how many people refuse to buy a decent umbrella. Businessmen in slick suits, draped overcoats, and have a rusty umbrella with broken webbing that is smaller in diameter than a dinner plate.

Having a great umbrella is vastly underrated. I took great pleasure in college wielding my 64" Titleist monster on the way to class, while most students perched a UVA bookstore issue blue/orange toothpick that couldn't cover both shoulders. Currently I have an AC Delco Gustbuster of of the same size/girth that was a gift, with the advisement, "AC Delco makes quality everything".

I have a problem with people who skimp on their umbrella. It is rational to believe they are also the type who neglect collar stays, drive their car on 1/8 tank of gas, over-withdraw from the Give/Take a penny, refuse to get their shoes shined, and vote for Jerry Kilgore.

No comments: