Wednesday, November 16, 2005

$317,000,000

I, once again, did not win the Mega Millions jackpot. However, it did get me to thinking what I would do to celebrate if I won.

Most likely, I would buy a house in the country, with a large acreage, somewhere between Fredericksburg and Charlottesville. The plot would have to include a heated pool, for the celebration, where I would have the Drive By Truckers open, followed by Poison. I would spring for decent beer (MGD, Molson Ice) and the throw-down would be catered by Chick-Fil-A AND Baja Fresh. As the night wore on, a bonfire would be built, but it couldn't be too close to the moon-bounce (rented), lest it pop/melt.

The country terrain, and night sky would provide the perfect backdrop for the midnight go-kart races.

3 comments:

Eric Z said...

Wow. That picture you painted sure is a nice one.

1) Why don't more parties/bars serve Molson Ice, in bottles or on tap? I asked for it recently here, and all I got was a blank stare.

(oh wait, I'm in Iowa. That's why.)

2) Chick-Fil-A is the most underrated fast food joint in the country. Great sandwiches, fabulous waffle fries.
Discuss.

3) Moon bounce and beer. A bit of a risky combo, no? But, hety, $317M will clean up a lot of accidents.

Eric Z said...

By the way, we drove through Charlottesville (on I-64) once on the way to the outer banks... my wife (who was there once before on a work trip) described Charlottesville as "the most beautiful town in America".

Is this true? Is it really that nice?

(she got me a UVa shirt, which I wore once in front of Derek just to spite him...)

RRD said...

Charlottesville is an interesting city, hard to believe I spent four years of my life there. Really pastoral/senic, but if you were to pull back the veneer, you would see a city with three distinct areas, the students, the friggin' wealthy, and the lower class that support the FW. I've never seen a city with no middle class, which creates rifts/problems, as the lower class preys on the FW and the students.