Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm Over It

Last weekend I went to Charlottesville to view UVA taken behind the woodshed by VT. All the Hokies were in their glory, and I realized the great distance UVA will have to overcome to match VT's football ability.

While the loss was humbling, from a macro prospective I don't at all mind. A comparison between UVA and VT is no comparison, as UVA possesses the higher rankings (with the exception of engineering), greater prestige, a bucolic grounds and more successful alumni. I had a wonderful time as a student at UVA and have no regrets.

All VT has is football. I understand why it is their biggest source of pride.

In standard VT fashion, I was appalled by their 'Stick It In' chant, on the heels of convictions for sex with minors for their cuurent QB and RB, in addition to the Supreme Court ruling involving VT football players and the Violence Against Women Act.

No comments: