Tuesday, June 07, 2005

12:15 AM TV Musings

Late night TV doesn't offer a whole lot, last night's random thoughts.

Cheers, the best sitcom of all time, while being reknowned for its fast moving humor and repartee', has long imparted a subliminal insecurity in my psyche. I have the identical hairline as Woody Boyd. While of no concern to recession in the late 1980's, Woody Harrelson's bridge climbing antics and the like led to rapid hair loss and the ultimate surrender of a full shaving. For years I have given Mr. Boyd's dome intricate inspection, looking for any deviation from my coif, to the extent of paused TiVo and rising from the couch for a better view. Nothing. Until last night.

Towards the conclusion of the Rebecca years, while his front appearance is still in step with my own, in the back I was able to notice the beginning of thinning. The two-headed monster front & back approach to hair loss has nothing in common with my frontal retreat. I was able to sleep easy knowing my personal appearance won't lead to being Munsoned.

The proliferation of various card games on television (devotion of networks, etc.) has me yearning for televised coverage of games/events that are familiar to all and evoke a nostalgic feeling for one's scool days. Specifically pencilfighting.

How amazing would it be to have acheived "professional pencilfighter" status? I have no doubt the best pencilfighters would be able to perform feats which I cannot fathom (200 breaks in a row?). In a sport/game, that hinges on every posession, the drama beckons for TV coverage. I would much prefer watching the World Pencilfighting Championships to any of the low rent games/sports currently being televised on Channel 248 and covered by Dream Job rejects.

No comments: