Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wedding Addendum

In my wedding piece, I completely passed over any mention of the toast. A wedding toast should not be given by someone under the age of 21, and under no circumstances under the age of 19. The result is either a crying/blabbering sibling who carries on for 15 minutes and barely gets out one inaudible sentence, or a college buddy who uses his captive audience to fire off 15 inside jokes or lament about how he is going to miss "getting stoned like we used to".

Thoughts of wedding toasts come to mind as a peer is going to be responsible for one in just over a year's time and the only request from the bridal party (God I wish I was making this up), is that "it has to rhyme".

I plan on spending every waking moment over the upcoming 2-3 days brainstorming a rhyming toast for a groom and/or bride. Suggestions are appreciated, limericks and Journey lyrics will be ignored.

No comments: