Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Goodbye Nichole, Hello Katie

Played a round of golf this morning at Westfields in our monthly SAGA tournament.

It is embarassing that traffic on 66E is bumper to bumper at 6:45 am, 20 miles outside of DC. Luckily I was doing 80 going west.

After three fantastic years, and six weeks after purchasing, I finally made the switch from my Mizuno MP-33s to the MP-37s. I have started the process for canonizing the 33s, they were the best set of clubs I will ever own. It is a set I will never get rid of. The 37s are a bit smaller with a slightly thicker topline, but I thought today would be a good introduction, as I haven't played in weeks and had no expectations. After a 7-iron shank on a par 3, I know it will be a while before I am fully comfortable, so I was left to smash driver to have a wedge in, as my Cleveland wedges are consistent.

What clubs do you guys have? My list:

Driver: Titleist 905, Grafalloy still, 2.8' tourque shaft 10.5'
3W: Titleist 983, Fujikara Speeder shaft, stiff, 13.0'
Irons: Mizuno MP-37s, Dynamic Gold stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland 56', 60'
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron, Studio Stainless Newport 2

3 comments:

Eric Z said...

Driver: Taylor Made 580, Graffaloy regular shaft, 9.5 degrees loft (which I now think is too low)

3-wood, 5-wood: Taylor Made 580s as well, R shaft

3-PW: Titleist 762 (don't let them hear this, but I'm quickly losing faith in them)

Wedges: 52, 60 Cleveland. The 52 is a club I will never part with. So versatile from 90-110 yards, and great for bump and runs.

Putter: Odyssey Rossie II; I think I'm getting a 2-ball for next year.

Monkeydrunk said...

I ride a Hyperlite Murray 142 wakeboard with Liquid Force Transit bindings. Usually behind a Sport Nautique.

Golf bores me.

When I do play, a twelve-pack of Millwaukee's Best Light is usually all I bring.

RRD said...

Skip the 2-ball, mine is currently in two pieces. If you want something of that variety, the new Cameron Red-X lines up really well.