Sunday, July 10, 2005

Wedding in Baltimore

This weekend, and aside from the repeatedly miserable service at the Wyndham (FYI - if told you have an "exclusive corner room" only means you've got a ton of windows and got shafted on square-footage), the weekend was a blast. Ceremony was a "quick Catholic wedding" (35 minutes!) in Little Italy, followed by a reception on the 22nd floor of the World Trade Center.

Aside from the table of unlimited shrimp cocktail, the reception was punctuated by a Jager shot by the entire assembled party at the end of the night, the perfect way to draw the curtain on the evening. Having misplaced my affinity for the liquid asphalt, I was egged on while downing my shot in stages by an octagenerian who had finished hers.

Sunday was fantastic, gorgeous weather, a lunch on the Inner Harbor (sandwiches from across the street, not getting suckered into a $17 crab cake at Hooters) before walking to Camden and scoring face-value tickets to a 4-1 O's victory. The heat in right-field allowed me to sweat out the remainder of my hangover.

In summation, I was surprisingly impressed with Baltimore.

No comments: